Wednesday, July 11, 2007

One more square

Here is one more square to add to the shawl. It is a Granny Square continuing with the same LB Kitty Hawk yarn and size I hook. There are 8 rows to the square with a tow of sc for edging to sew these together. I have been trying to figure out how many squares I would need for one shawl and after some searching, most of the rectangle shawls I've seen are 22" x 60" or 72". Which I would need about 12 squares for one. Not too bad seeing as I have 4 of them done so far.
I am also finding out that one skein of yarn yeilds one 12" square. Depending though, one had a smidge left over to help finish the edging on one of the squares. I may end up needing more but we'll see. I love the colors in this yarn. It is so soft looking and feeling. It won't drape well like the SS yarns do but I think it will be fine. It also doesn't frog very well due to the fuzziness of it, so I try not to make too many mistakes but, we all know how that goes. :o)

On Monday..Rachel and I bought 4 more fish to make a total of 8 we have now. We started with 9 last year and had a few of them die. I replaced some but, somehow we got down to 4. So..we'll see what happens with these.

Not much else today. Will try and stay cool.

Until next time...

Bunny

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your shawl is coming along nicely. I get more squares out of a skein but I am not using specialty yarn. Do you have fresh or saltwater aquarium? I use to have Guppies, I loved watching them give birth to live fish.

Bunny said...

I have a fresh water aquarium with a heater. It's suppose to stay between 76 and 78 deg. They are so fun to watch and relaxing also.

Sandie said...

My daughter had an aquarium for many years - a small one in her room. One morning, about 5am, the leg of the table she had it on broke and we heard a tremendous crash. Fish (and other things) everywhere. No fish were harmed amazingly. They lasted a good long time afterwards. It sure woke us up in a hurry though. LOL