Monday, December 22, 2008

Bitter cold!

It is only 16 degrees here in Delaware and that is cold! With the wind I don't even want to think of what it is with the windchill factor. We did not get snow but, when I went to go out yesterday, everything was ice.

I am on my way to work today and looking forward to getting out. I was very happy to go grocery shopping yesterday just to get out of the house. lol I don't do cooped up well unless I choose to be. Not because I am sick and can't get out. There is a big difference.

Doug is still sick but, this being his 3rd day, I am hoping this will be the last. He was not up long enough for me to talk to this morning. I asked him how he was feeling and he said he was still at it. Rachel is off work today so she will be here with him.

I started working on mittens for The Bridge Project. I think we tend to make hats and scarves because they work up fast. Mittens take a little longer. I do have a couple of patterns that are easy so,this will be what I'll work on. There are many free patterns out there. These are just 2 that I know work up somewhat fast and easy. I'll post pics when I get the mittens finished.

Here are the links to the patterns:

Crocheted Mittens

Panda Man's Knitting Corner

I have made Panda Man's mittens before and if I can make them, anyone can. Some make the thumb first, he makes his last it for me it's a little easier, I think. Easy as knitting thumbs go I guess.

We are now to the last couple of days before Christmas. I think we are ready. There is one more thing I have to get but, besides that we may be ready.

Stay warm and stay well.

Until next time...
Bunny

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love your new look for the holiday. Hope Doug gets over this today. Enough is enough.