Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Top Down Baby Sweater

Tomorrow I am going to Stitches with Style from 6 - 7:30pm for a class on the Top Down Baby Sweater. It is made with Fantasy Naturale yarn. It is a cotton yarn so, it's a light weight sweater. Linda had one made up at the store and it looks so cute. I actually had some Lion Brand Baby Soft in Pastel Yellow and started working the pattern. I have the yolk done and the increases done and started working the sleeve. In most patterns I have come across, they put the sleeves on holders and work the body then go back and make the sleeves. This one they are making the one sleeve first then going back to the body but, I do not see on the pattern when you do the 2nd sleeve. I have not done the 1st sleeve and will take that to class. She is also teaching gauging. I bought a hank of the Fantasy Naturale in a light purple and will be using size 7 Hiya Hiya knitting needles. The pattern also gives you a choice of casting on 53, 57, or 61 sts. I choose the 61 sts. Not sure how much of a difference a couple of sts make but, I'm I'll find out. lol
When thing items for charity, gauging was never an issue. People are all different sizes and it will fit someone somewhere. It will be neat to learn something new. By the time I'm done, I'll have 2 sweaters instead of one.
I better print out another pattern to put with the cotton yarn as I have the other pattern written all over. It says to work established pattern etc. Well.. what I did was, I wrote out each increase row with the number of sts that row will have. I have to have things written out.

That's it for now. Have a good one.

Until next time...
Bunny

1 comment:

Ghost said...

sweet looking sweater. Great job on the hats as always.