Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Devastation in the south

With the tornadoes ripping through Joplin Missouri, OK, etc, the devastation down there is incredible. I can't imagine going through such a thing. There is so much need for food, clothing, toiletries, etc that, it can be a little overwhelming as to where to start. Believing in the power of 1 makes a big difference. I have decided to take the month of June and make things just to go down there. Not sure how much I'll get down but, whatever it is I know it'll be appreciated.
I have made one sweater called Simple Knitting Pattern for children's Pullover. I can't find the link to the pattern at the moment. It's made from the top down in one piece and the sides are sewn together. The 2nd sweater I am working on is the 10th Anniversary Knit for Kids Sweater. These sweaters were made before I decided to send to Joplin or OK. I went to Joann's and got 4 Sugar'N Cream cotton to make washcloths with. I made one washcloth using the Seed Stitch Washcloth pattern and the 2nd one I am using the Laguna Beach Washcloth. A free pattern from the Lion Brand site.
Will post pics when I get a few things finished. I am not a very fast knitter but, I will do the best I can do. I found a couple of drop off locations in OK with addresses but not for Joplin yet.
This is going to be ongoing for quite a while. These people have lost everything. It's so sad.

Until next time...
Bunny

1 comment:

Sandy said...

A worthy project Bunny. Scared me when I saw pictures on the internet as I didn't know where it was and my DD lives in St. Louis. I got ahold of her right away and she help me relax by knowing she was ok. I hadn't heard a call yet for people to send things; though I was primarily listening for Missouri. One day, thought I heard them say to please not send anything because they're not yet organized to accept? Can you clarify where, when or whom is taking the collections? I haven't seen anything in about a week; but the last I heard was the best way to help was donate $$ to The Red Cross. Love some update if you're able.

Rounded today from Sandy's Space. What a big heart you have my friend.