Saturday, August 11, 2007

A thank you...

Millie Hernandez
to me
show details
Aug 10 (19 hours ago)
Hi Lynda,

I just read your email and had to sit here to share with you the awesomeness of God. I was wondering what kind of yarn you used and the Vanna's Choice is so soft and beautiful.

Girl, when I read the prayer you sent with the shawl I thought how comforting it must be for someone whose ailing or suffering to wrap themselves in something as beautiful as this prayer shawl. By today, I was wrapped tightly in it. As I said yesterday, I went to spend the night with my grandbabies so I could babysit today. As it turned out, my DH called me at 8:00 AM to tell me that our beloved Dog Summer had crossed the Rainbow Gate at 7:00 AM. He said he was trying to get the courage to call me so I could come back home. After I broke down, I had to tell my daughter-in-law that I couldn't stay with the kids because of what happened. It was a very damp and cold day today so I used my shawl. It took me 2 hours on the subway because there were extensive delays. My DH was waiting at the station for 2 hours because he couldn't stand to be alone.

When I got home my daughter had made arrangements as to where we could take our beautiful Summer. Right now, I'm feeling so sad because Summer was always under my wings. Everywhere I went, she went. When I'd take a shower she'd wait outside the bathroom. Tonight is the first night without her. I know death is a process just like life is but separating from such a loved one is so hard. This was the first dog I ever had and we got her because our neighbor downstairs mistreated her and was going to ship her off to Florida. Summer had captured my husband's heart and he convinced me for us to take her. At first I was afraid of her because I always heard dogs bite. After a week, she chose me to love her.

I've read the poem you sent me and it's been a comfort. You have no idea how you've helped me with the priceless gift you sent me; that of compassion. Please share this email with your hubby so that he can know the hero that shares his life.

God bless you today and always,

Millie

2 comments:

Scarlet said...

How beautiful Lynda. You are such a special woman. Yes your husband has a wonderful hero to share his life with.
God bless you always.
*hugs* Scarlet

Anonymous said...

Bunny, Millie is a wonderfully lucky person to have a friend like you, just as I am. Her thank you is so awesome she really deserves her shawl.