Saturday, September 13, 2008

Good News!

A couple of weeks ago, I had put my job application in the company that Doug works at. They have not had a QC there and are talking about getting one. Chris (Doug's boss), sent the app along with my resume up to headquarters. In the meantime...Chris asked Doug if he thought I would be interested in the machine operators position. I had not ever thought of that. I was looking to get out of inspection work altogether and do something different. The only problem is, my whole adult life, this is what I have always done, in one aspect or another. All the jobs I end up with are inspection jobs. Why fight it? This is what I was meant to do. I told Doug, it has paid enough to afford us things and vacations, so..I guess it was not so bad after all. I just hate settling. I called First State Container yesterday and told them that I would be interested in the machine operators position. At least I have my foot in the door. If they ever get a QC position in there, then I have that job if I want it. We'll see how it goes. I went out this morning and picked up a couple of shirts and heavy gloves and a utility knife. I forgot a notebook but, will get that tomorrow when we go for groceries.
I am nervous and excited all at the same time. I told Doug that it has been a long time since I have had to use any measuring devices for QC. It has also been a long time since I have stopped and started up machines. I hope it's like riding a bike and it all comes back to me.
I was actually half thinking at first of not taking but, I thought...what if I don't take it and nothing else comes along. 5 months later my unemployment runs out and I have no money coming in. I really don't have much choice but, I am looking forward to learning something new. One more thing (or 2) to add to my resume. :o)
We have been watching Ike very closely and hope that everyone is ok and that it does not do too much damage. Everyone is evacuating like they are suppose to so, hopefully they can get back home as soon as possible. I have not looked past Ike to see what else is coming as this is a big one. Those poor islands are really getting hammered also.
Please be safe.

Until next time...
Bunny

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So nice to see you post again. And I will send good wishes for the job to come through for you and that you pick up on it quickly.

Sandie said...

It should be interesting to get back into a field you've been out of for a while, challenging but rewarding. Good luck! I hope you get one of the jobs.

I also nominated you for the I Love This Blog award. Check out http://craftycorral.blogspot.com/ for more info. :)