Sunday, December 7, 2008

The Bridge Project

Temperatures drop around the country, Homelessness rising, and it's official...the country's in a recession. Help me reach out to the cold, hungry, homeless in Ohio's Capital City, Columbus. Rae (a friend of sister-in-laws from church), and 2 friends visit and feed a group of homeless folks under a bridge weekly. These folks are in need of warm items. The group, all adult--mostly men need hats, scarfs, gloves, and perhaps vests and sweaters. Put your knitting needles and crochet hooks to the cause. Help me help Rae warm these folks, it could be the difference between life and death during these cold winter months in Ohio. There are some women living here also, but mostly men; and to date we're thankful there are no children.

This is from Sandy's site to give you an idea what the project is all about. I have already sent a box of hats out to Sandy yesterday and will be working on scarves for the project. We had snow yesterday and it's very cold today so, I know it's cold there. If this is something you would like to donate to, you can follow this link: The Bridge Project . Every little bit helps.

Until next time...
Bunny

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is such a worthy project. So glad she picked it up.

Sandy said...

Thank you Bunny for posting about the project to encourage others. Thank you for adding the Blog Badge to your blog, and THANKS BUNCHES...I just opened your box of 6 hats. Fabulous, everyone. Did you use double yarn? I love the feel of them. Very very nice, and will be good and warm. I've taken photo's and will soon have them posted on the blog. I've gotten very excited. Added the 6 to the hats ticker and we're beginning to count down!!! YIPPEE

Hugs
Sandy

Scarlet said...

I think I will be joning this group as well. I just have to get some other projects off my mind. It is good to visit you again. I missed you while you were gone and am glad you're back.

*HUGS*