Wednesday, December 31, 2008

A New Day

The grieving process is different for everyone. We all go through it in our own way. No way is wrong. For me, I feel good and it's such a relief, that Sasha does not have to live like that any longer. I will miss her for sure but, will celebrate her life and what she bought to ours.

I can not say enough good things about the vets office. They were so compassionate and caring. After they gave Sasha the needle, they let Rachel and I stay with her as long as we needed to. Steve did not want to be there when they gave her the needle and waited outside. That was fine. He said his goodbyes.
We saved the blanket she loved to lay on. Rachel thought the blanket should be retired but, wanted me to see if I could make a pillow out of it. If I am successful, I will post a pic of it.

Mike and Tiffany and the kids were suppose to come down yesterday but, because of what was happening, they elected to come down today instead. I told him that, telling the kids is one thing but, seeing us carrying her to the car and the condition she was in is another story. I wanted them to remember the happier times and how she was at Thanksgiving. They will be here until Saturday. We're looking forward to having a houseful again.

I have not done much in the way of crocheting or knitting. Just haven't felt like it. I started a pair of mittens and they are waiting to get finished. These will go to The Bridge Project. I also started a scarf which is also waiting to get finished. This will go to the same place. I hope to get back to it soon.

I wish everyone a happy, healthy and prosperous New Year. I also hope with the new year will bring a new economy and things start turning around for so many people.

Stay safe and warm tonight and we'll see you in the new year. Doug wants to go to dinner tonight so we will probably go to TGI Fridays. They really have good food there. Not sure of Rachel's hours today but, hopefully she can join us.

Until next time...
Bunny

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are dealing with your loss in such a positive way. YOU GO GIRL!

Sandy said...

Hugs for you and yours with the loss. I love the attitude you have, it's positive and upbeat. Good for you!

Be safe tonight, and enjoy your dinner.

Happy New Years
Sandy