Sunday, January 4, 2009

Half a pair of mittens



The pattern I am using is Crocheted Mittens. I did make some changes. I did not use the TC. I just did sc seeing as these are probably going to a man. I also added 5 rows after row 20 before decreasing. I also added row 29 2 sc tog 4 times. It just closes the hole up a little.

I also added 3 rows on the thumb after row 6 before decreasing. I also added row 9 2 sc tog 5 times. This makes a smaller hole to close up.

This makes the mittens 11 1/2" long.

I am using Vanna's Choice in Taupe Mist and a J hook. The color is actually brown, not as dark as the pic.

Will make the other one tomorrow.

Until next time...

Bunny

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks good. Did you find your other mitten?

Sandie said...

Looks great and it appears you rewrote the pattern quite a bit. Did you write it up so you can make the second one the same?