Saturday, January 31, 2009

What an exciting morning!

Millie and I have been in contact with each other ever since Squares 4 Survivors. When the group ended, her and I still kept in contact. Millie had found a charity near her and for some reason felt the woman did not appreciate what she was bringing her. She then found VNSof NY (Visiting Nurses Services of NY). Contacted Kathy and found her to be very nice, warm and appreciative. Off and on I have been sending hats and scarves and such up to her to give to Kathy. I have always gotten a thank you card from them. Of course we all know that's not why we do this but, it's nice that they take the time to do that. It just makes we want to do more for them because I know they really appreciate the effort I (and everyone else) put into it.

Anyway...to make a long story short...in my email to her yesterday, I told her that on a number of occasions I had been meaning to call and talk to her but, had chickened out. She had said the same thing to me. lol We set it up for this morning at 10:00. We talked for an hour! What a sweet lady! I thought once we said our hellos we would not have anything to talk about and there would be dead air time. Nope! We actually talked for the whole entire hour as if we were doing it forever. We are so much alike in so many ways.
I found out that she can use pet cuddles also so, I will be sending her a couple of them along with the sweaters.

I hope we can meet up one day. We are only 4 hours away from each other. I think it would be an awesome thing! I asked her if she ever thought of having a blog and she said she had one. She asked how people would know she had it and I told her if she gave me her address I would put it on my blog so everyone can go there. If and when she gives it to me, I will post it here for you all.

I hope you are all having a warm (as can be) and wonderful weekend. It is bitter cold here but, the sun is shining.

Until next time...
Bunny

2 comments:

Ghost said...

It couldn't have happened to a nicer person.

Sandie said...

Millie is indeed a sweetheart. I love her!
Can't wait to see what material you choose for your quilt. When I had my daughter, I rec'd a very lightweight blanket with a crocheted edging. I think it was flannel, but it was very light. I don't know much about material but I used the heck out of that thing. I loved it.