Thursday, September 8, 2011

RIP Kitty

We got Kitty when he was 6 weeks old from a friend we used to work with. Already having Fluffy and Sasha, I said sure. Why not? I did not grow up with cats. We always had a dog though. I am so glad I said yes. He was quite the character. As hard as I tried to make him an indoor cat, he had other plans. I love this picture because his face says it all. He loved hanging out with me in my recliner. Either in my lap or by my legs. It didn't matter. The one thing he never went after was my yarn. Don't know why that was. He got along great with Sasha and now with Roxie. They were best buds. They would lay on the floor together rubbing heads and playing.

 I would always have to watch my step as I walked out the front door. Didn't know if there was going to be a mouse, a bird, a squirrel, a bunny. You just never knew. I always petted him and said thank you because I knew what he was doing.

He was 12 y/o and the way he was acting lately, I often wondered how much time he had left. Not sure how many bunnies he had gotten this one day but, that was to be his last spree, so to speak. I know you would come home if you could. At some point I knew you couldn't. The hardest part was not being there for you and not being able to say good bye and have closure. I miss you dearly but, know you went out the way you lived your life and would not want it any other way.
RIP my friend. You will always have a special place in my heart forever. I love you.

5 comments:

Sandy said...

I know you miss him, but agree with your logic. He was an outdoor cat and choose to go out that way. It's great that he got to chase, birds, bunnies, mice etc. That's what cats are suppose to do, that's nature.

Ghost said...

Seems like when I do get around to visiting you have lost another pet. Your losses are overwhelming. Please accept my condolences, late as they may be.

Sandie said...

So sorry about your kitty. It's so hard to lose a pet. I was just talking last night about our doggies who have passed away. Good memories.

georgi said...

Sorry you lost kitty...I had a dog that used to leave gifts on my doorstep also, mostly birds...(shows how they love you)

Anonymous said...

The pearl bracelet is adorable! I would love to have my pearl necklace wear that. I love the jewelry set, really wish we sent for it since it's sooo cute! freshwater pearl bracelet we bought about 1.5 months in advance since she probably won't grow too much in that time period.