Saturday, June 23, 2007

Project complete

If you click on the pic, you can see it better. I used Caron Simply Soft..Bone.

Here is a pic of the shawl I just completed and the link to the pattern. I was not sure who it was going to be for but after the emails from Millie about Sgt. Jessica not receiving one, this one will be going to her.
I do not do fringe but I knew I wanted a border. I actually started 3 different borders and frogged them all until I found the one I was happy with.
Row 1.. 3 sc in one loop, 1sc in the next and repeat around to the top. sc across the top. Then..because the shawl was made with hdcs..I continued the hdc into the border.
Row 2...3hdc in the 2nd sc of the 3sc. 1 sc in the next sc and repeat around to the top and sc across top. I did this for about 4 rounds and fastened off. I hope this is not too confusing.
I also used both loops of the stitches for stability rather than just the front or back loops.
I will get it in the washer either tomorrow or Monday morning and will get it mailed out.
It's always a nice feeling when a project gets completed. :o)
I'm not sure when I'll get to the Seraphin's Shawl. I hear it is kind of a tough pattern. I do have to at least try it though. There are several pics on the internet of the finished shawl so, I guess it can be done. We'll see.
Until next time....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is a very large project. It is stunning. I can see you put a lot of time an love into it. It looks perfect. The color is so nice also.