Monday, July 2, 2007

Anniversaries...

It is hard to believe, as of yesterday, July 1st, we have been in Delaware for 2 years. I am not sure where the time has gone, but it's true. We closed on our house in Connecticut, June 30th and closed here in Delaware on the 1st of July. At the time I remember the housing market being good and people were buying like crazy. When we actually found the one we wanted we had to act quickly or it would be gone. I knew I would love this house the minute we pulled in the driveway. 2 big Maple trees in the front. Another in the back. Fenced in yard perfect for Sasha to run in. Doug saw it as a lot of work. I saw past that as potential. I told him that, there was not a house that we bought that we did not do something to. He then proceeded to tell me everything that was wrong. I said yeah but......lol. 2 years later, there are still some things that need to be done but, overall, I am very happy with our decision to buy this one. The 1st year we were here, we went to Home Depot and bought a power washer. The front of the house is brick, and it was a mess when we bought the house. There are also 2 planters in the front made of brick to go with the house and they were a mess also. Once I washed everything down with a special soap for brick and cement, it came out looking so nice. It looked like nobody had done that before. With the 2 big trees in the front, they block out a lot of the hot afternoon sun, which is a good thing but, over time, the bricks get mossy. It is not a yearly project but, I did notice that it is starting again, so I will have to get out my handy dandy power washer and do it again. It doesn't take long to do it, it is just getting motivated to do it. lol.

Another anniversary this year will be our 20th wedding anniversary on Dec. 19th. Talk about time flying! Where the heck did that 20 years go! In 2000, Doug had planned a vacation to Disney in Florida, without me knowing about it. On my birthday, my gift was the tickets and everything for our vacation. There are things I will never forget. A magical time indeed. Anyway... last week as I was sitting there, I thought..hmmm..I'll do the same thing to him this year and buy 2 tickets to Aruba for our anniversary and give them to him for his birthday. The only reason, that I could not pull this off was the fact that times have changed and we now need to have passports. If it wasn't for that, he would not know anything about it until Sept. Last Thursday, I made the reservations for the same hotel we stayed at in 1987. The Tamarjin Aruba. I have so many great memories of the 1st time we were there and hope this time is just as good. If I had to pick one thing that stuck in my mind as a favorite of the week back then, it would have to be the horseback riding. Doug was not too thrilled about going. He said he always got stupid horses. lol We went anyways. We went on this trail which ended up on the beach to the ocean. It was something like out of the movies. We got them running and I had gotten mine to actually run in the water. It was so totally awesome. It will be a time I will never forget. Not sure if we will do it again this year but, I would like to think we will keep our options open on that one. lol The walks on the beach were also wonderful. The breakfasts on the hotel patio overlooking the ocean. Hearing the waves as they come onto shore. Watching the ships off in the distance going to their destination. It had a tendency to rain briefly in the morning, and this one day we saw a double rainbow! Purely awesome. We are going to be leaving on Monday Dec. 17th and coming home on Friday the 21st. It's going to be a very special week. Even though I am excited now, I'm sure I will be even more so as the time gets closer to take off. I told Doug that if we did not go this year..then when will we have another chance to go. With Steve and Rachel here to take care of things, there is no reason not to go. Are we going to wait another 5 years for our 25th to go? I don't think so. lol Of course, I am already planning ahead, so who knows what we'll be doing or where we'll be going? Hmm...another trip? Stay tuned....

Until next time....
Bunny

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That sounds like a really nice trip. I know you will have fun. Maybe you can plan it so he won't have to get his passport till after his birthday.