Friday, November 9, 2007

Can you believe this?

Don'6t you just hate it when you get down to the last 4 stitches and you run out of yarn? AND no more of it's kind anywhere around the house? I had brought it to work with me and was working on it on my morning break and at lunch. This Double Cross pattern works up so fast. Anyway. I had the bag on the floor, crocheting away and almost to the end of the row and VIOLA! end of yarn! Even if it WAS enough, I would not have had enough to finish it off. UGH!
I will have to see if I have any more of the dark rose left and do the last row with that.

I can not believe that my first week of work is over already! it seems like it just started! Except for Monday being a comedy of errors from start to finish, this week went really well! By Wednesday it was like I had never left. Everything fell right into place and I only made a couple errors. Minor ones at that. The general manager Jim came into our room on Wednesday and welcomed me back and he said that he was glad I was back. Yesterday we had a meeting because someone is trying to get a union in there. They tried this last year and it didn't happen. Anyway, after the meeting it was open to questions, talk about being put on the spot! Jim said..Lynda.. you just came back here from a union do you have any input? OH MY GOD! My face turned the redest of the red and I said I would rather not. I was shaking SO bad! Anyway..Noah (2nd in command) came into our room today to apologize for putting me on the spot like that. I said it was not problem I just can't talk in front of people like that. He said once he saw my face turn that red he knew. LOL. he also welcomed me back and said he was glad to have me back. I said it felt really good to be back. I'm not sure how long I can pull off this 'new' employee routine. Probably until Monday when my boss Steve gets back from vacation. LOL

Well..I guess that's it for today. I'm just waiting for a box to arrive from Kathy so I can start assembling squares for her. It shouldn't take that long to do. 12 squares or so. Not sure. Hmmm...I think I know what border to do. I'll have to see what color and what the squares look like when I get them in, then I'll decide.

Until next time...
Bunny

3 comments:

Sandie said...

Oh I sooooo hate when that happens. I would offer you some but the dye lot problem. It would probably show. Well, the darker color on the last round will look wonderful I am sure.

Anonymous said...

A darker or even lighter border will look really great. As to the job well I think they must think very highly of you to ask an opinion. Amazing how time flies when your having fun.

Scarlet said...

I hate when that happens. I usually frog the last round and use a different color. I then take what I frogged and add it to the ball of yarn that I have with all scraps tied together for Ghost's scrap sweater.

I am so glad that you are back to work at your old place. You seem so happy and that is a good thing. They are so lucky to have you and I think they realize that.

*hugs*
Scarlet