Sunday, May 4, 2008

Goings on..

This is a pic of our mud room. The door in the upper part of the pic leads outside and the door at the bottom goes to the back room. The floor was actually cement. The house originally had a car port and someone made a room out of it. So even the back room has cement underneath everything. Doug found these tiles and they look very nice. I think it will be easier to keep clean than the cement. Especially with animals and people coming in from the outside. I plan to get a small rug to put in front of the door. This should help out a little bit. Doug has been working very hard on getting things done here on the weekends he has off.

I did get a new computer yesterday. I got a Gateway. It had a bigger hard drive and more memory than the Dell did. I would not have had a problem doing the Dell either. Doug has had his for about 8 yrs now. Neither one gave us any problem. I am still getting a little use to everything. After having a notebook for so long. lol I got a 19" monitor instead of the 17" that came with the package. It is so clear ( and big! lol) Maybe now I can get back to getting my mail and such. I still have not found a lot of things but, I will eventually. Doug pulled the hard drive from the laptop and will get something to get the info off of it then I can get it into this one. I do have a back up disk but, unfortunately, I don't back things up very often. Ok...I never do. I really should start doing that. At least now if I spill something on the keyboard, that is all I will have to get. I don't plan on spilling anything though. :o) I didn't plan the last accident either but, you know what I mean.

Hope everyone is having a wonderful weekend. It's a little cool today but, the sun is out and it's nice.

Until next time...
Bunny

3 comments:

Sandie said...

Love that tile! Kudos to your hubby for working so hard. Glad you are pleased with your new computer. 8 years is a good age for your hubby's computer. Seems he might be next in line... It always takes me a while to get used to new thing. Hopefully, it will all even out soon and you'll be as comfortable with the new one as the old.

Scarlet said...

Glad to see you back and blogging. You have been missed. Your place is looking so nice Bunny. How wonderful that your hubby is talented enough to do the work himself. That makes it extra special.

Glad you have a new computer as well. Hope it makes life in cyberspace easier for you.

*hugs*

Sandie said...

Missing you, Bunny. Hope all is well at your house!