Wednesday, March 18, 2009

6" Granny Squares

Who'd a thought a little 6" square would be trouble. I made one and measured it out to be 6". Great! I made some more copying the amount of rows I did for the first one. I am doing them in 4 different colors. Anyway...a day went by and I forgot what size hook I used. I know! Only one day! lol I measured it out to be 6" again. I said to myself...self? Check the others to be sure. Sure enough the size went to to 5 1/4! How did that happen??!! What I had to do was to put a sc row around to make it 6". and here I thought the grannies were suppose to be easy. LOL I finished fixing all of the squares and they are ready to be sent out. I just have to get them boxed up. I'm afraid to measure again for fear they may end up to be 7" or some damn thing.

I hope everyone had a wonderful St. Patrick's Day. Everyone is Irish on that day. No matter what nationality you are. I came home to a delicious corned beef and cabbage and baked potato dinner. It was awesome!

Well...it's getting to be that time to feed the family pets.

Have a wonderful night!

Until next time...
Bunny

2 comments:

Ghost said...

You must be hanging out near my house. Anyway when I start a project I slip a paper in it with hook size and row working on or to start with depending on where I left off. I also keep my many different on going projects in those plastic bags and when I am working on that project I hang the handles on the hook attached to my desk and the yarn is not on the floor and pulls easily from the bag. Of course not everyone works from their desk. I do.

Sandie said...

Heh I have had that happen, Bunny. It's a strange phenomenon all right.