Saturday, May 8, 2010

A need to accomplish something

Stash busting at it's finest. After it took so long to knit the sweater, (which I'm still uncertain whether to send it out or not. Most likely not), I needed to have a quick and easy project. Hence, 4 more wheelchair totes (or caddies). I have not put buttons on them yet but, they are made and ends tucked. I have buttons for the blue and green. Will have to go to Joann's for buttons for the other 2. The top 2 totes were made with Plymouth Yarn Encore I had. The green was made with Patons Decor I had and the bottom right was made with Wool-Ease which I also had. I have been real good about using up the yarn I have. I used an I hook on all of them.

Although I did go to my lys, Stitches With Style, yesterday. I picked up a hank of Fantasy Naturale for the baby sweater class on May 20th. They have a yarn of the month which is Cascade 220. Which they put on sale. I have not used this yarn but, I bought a hank of it to try. I saw it on Ravelry. Some say it's scratchy, which it is a little bit. It's 100% Peruvian Highland Wool. After I made the totes I started a mitten with Panda Man's Paw Warmer pattern and size 8 circ needles. It's working up very fast and I don't find it all that scratchy. Will make a better assessment after it's all sewn together. One thing I can tell is that, these will be very warm mittens. I should have enough left over for a hat.

We are going to TGI Friday's for Mother's Day dinner at 11:30am. Doug and Steve are both working tomorrow so I thought today would be a better day. Really looking forward to a wonderful dinner.

That's it for now. Have a great day. :o)

Until next time...
Bunny

1 comment:

Sandy said...

How easy do you think it would be to convert these wheelchair totes to a walker tote? Should one's for walker's be bigger?

I'ld like to make one for my 90 year old Aunt who's just home from several months of rehab from a stroke.

Sandy